If you want to know about the files or Folders such as size, type, creation data or owner etc on your windows generally we open its properties and get desired details. You know there is also availability to change file or folder attributes such as read only or hidden etc. In the properties of file or folders contains an extra tab called security. The tab allows you to change the owner of the file or folder. It also make to modify the permissions such as full control or limited control over the selected file or folder will be shown in this article. Suppose you may want to restrict users from changing ownership or permissions for any file or folder in Windows, you cannot remove the security tab from files and folders properties windows, But there is a possibility to disable the security option. Let us see how to disable this Security tab.
- Initially you have to type regedit in run dialouge box and press enter.
- Now go to the following key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
- In the right side panel, create a new DWORD no security and set its value to 1.
- That’s it automatically it will disable the security tab on the properties of the file and folder.
- If you want security tab back means simply replace 1 to 0.