Microsoft with the Internet Explorer 11 version added the Bing search box on the New tab of the Internet Explorer. The new search box is useful for many users and at the same time people find it inconvenient as the same functionality is also present in Internet Explorer search bar. This search box also adds an annoying scrollbar to the right-side of the web browser and the users have to scroll each time they want to access other options on the New tab page such as reopen last session, start InPrivate browsing.
If you want to get rid of this search box from New tab in Internet Explorer, then follow this tutorial. This can be done in two methods
- By disabling search functionality in the address bar and new tab page
- By settings the different search engine as default
How to remove search box from new page in Internet Explorer
Method 1 :
- Open Internet Explorer and click on tools icons present at the end of the toolbar.
- Now click on Manage add-ons in the tools menu and it will open the add-ons manager window.
- Now click on Search providers link in the left-sidebar and then disable the option Search in address bar and search box on New Tab page
- Click on close button and it will immediately remove search box from New Tab page.
Method 2 :
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the small down arrow present in address bar and it will show the URL suggestions list.
- Click on the Add button at the bottom-right corner of the list.
- It will open the Internet Explorer Gallery page and click on add to Internet explorer button.
- Now it will ask for the confirmation, enable the option Make this my default search provider and click on Add button.
That’s it, it will immediately set the new search engine as default and the search box will be removed from the new tab page in the Internet Explorer.