Many of us will not use most of the pre-installed programs in Windows 8. Some apps like calculators might be useful but apps like Reminders, Reading list, Camera and Travel are so useful. You will also be facing a problem of disk running out of memory, then you can remove the pre-installed apps to save the disk space. You can completely remove the pre-installed apps which don’t find much useful by executing the command in the elevated prompt and uninstall them one by one or even remove them from the installation process.
How to remove pre-installed programs on Windows 8
- Go to the Start screen on your Windows 8 PC.
- Type ‘Powershell” in the search bar and press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter” and it will open Windows Powershell as administrator.
- Now elevated window will be opened and there type the below command to completely remove all the pre-installed apps from the user account which you are using currently.
Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage.
Delete single apps from Metro UI
Above method is used to delete all the native apps, if you want to delete selected apps then follow the below method.
- Go to the Metro UI menu screen and right click on an app which you want to uninstall.
- An app box will be found with a checkmark located in the right upper corner of the border and in the lower right corner of the screen there are three option.
- Click on “Unpin” option to remove the app.
Reinstall the apps back
- Go to the Metro UI screen and type the name if the app. For example if you want to install back Calculator, then type “Calculator”.
- When the calculator icon and the label appear on the screen then right-click on it and the app box is framed in the border with the checkmark located at the right-hand corner of the border.
- In the lower right hand side you will find two options. Click on “Pin” option in the lower-right hand corner.
- Hit on the Windows key to go back to the main Metro UI menu and you can see calculator is added to the menu.
This how to uninstall or reinstall the pre-installed apps on Windows 8. There are some third party apps which do the same function.