For every hardware device in your Windows computer, it will need a driver to work properly and now the problem with this is your PC will be bogged down with lots of unnecessary and old drivers which may cause some odd behavior on your computer. Odd behavior like devices not working properly, slowing down your machine, driver clashes, crashes, frequent freezing etc.,
You can uninstall any device driver easily using the Window’s built-in tools. But, by default, Windows device manager only shows the currently connected devices and here I will show how to force hidden drivers to appear and to remove old drivers in Windows 8.
Force Old drivers to appear in front
Before uninstalling the old drivers, force the old drivers to show up in the list.
- First hit WIN+X, and select Command Prompt (admin) from the list of options.
- Now type the below command and hit enter button and execute the command.
This command will force all the old and invisible drivers to show up in the Device Manager list and after doing this you can proceed with uninstallation.
Remove old and useless drivers in Windows 8
- Press WIN+X, and select Device manager from the options.
- Go to view and select the option show hidden devices to reveal all the hidden and old drivers. It is very easy to find the old drivers, because all the old drivers are faded out.
- Now select the old driver which you want to uninstall and right click on it and select the uninstall option.
That’s it, using this tip it is easy to find and uninstall the old and hidden drivers. Be careful about installing the current drivers as this may cause problem with the connected hardware device.