Have a Lumia smartphone running Windows Phone that is not turning on or bricked? Are you looking for the solution??. Either you can go for repairing the device or you try fixing it yourself using the Nokia Recovery Software Tool. It is a desktop application that is aimed at getting your bricked Lumia back up and running. Here is a quick tutorial on how to use the software.
Once after installing the software tool from the link given below, you need to do anything just follow the step by step guide to make your device running like before.
How to recover bricked Lumia with Nokia Recovery tool
Nokia Software Recovery tool (United States)
Nokia Software Recovery Tool (United Kingdom)
PC requirement to run this tool (Windows Platform)
- Ready with Microsoft Windows 7 or 8 0r 8.1.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 2 GB free storage space.
- The files downloaded by the Nokia Software Recovery Tool may be as much as 4 GB while recovery, depending on your internet connection it will take time and phone model.
One thing I want to clear before starting the process, this method doesn’t work with Windows Phone from HTC, Samsung or another phone maker.
Now, let’s begin the process:
- First of all download and install Nokia Recovery Tool
- Once after installation, Open Nokia Software Recovery Tool on your PC
- Connect your Lumia smartphone to the PC with a USB cable
- Soon after the connection, you will see which software version you can install on your Lumia – Click install below that
- A popup windows will appear that tells, the data and content on your phone will be erased. If you can still access your phone, create a backup by going into settings -> backup . After that, click that you understand and then continue.
- You’ll now begin downloading the software. Network speeds vary, but your download might take about 15 minutes.
- The software will now begin flashing to your handset. Do not disconnect or use the device during this step. Just go for a quick walk or prepare a cup of coffee while your phone and PC do their thing.
- Whoa!! You are done and have just saved your phone!
Still if it is showing errors or getting issues on start-up, then I would recommend you to go for repairing from an authenticated. Nokia Care is the best place.