Z Launcher is the home screen alternative from Nokia for the Android devices and it has announced that it just received it second major update. Z Launcher is currently holding the limited pre-beta status and it is developed by Nokia and not sold to Microsoft. With the upcoming updates you can see the faster and more robust performance and some other additional features.
Below are the some of the features that are expected with the latest update
- Design tweaks and enhancements
- Added new animations
- Some performance improvements
- Contacts search and listing has been improved and more consistency in preserving the preferences across the Z Launcher updates.
- Improved web search results.
- Added improvements to the “call” and “text” options.
- Collapsing the contacts so that one person can’t wake up two spots on your Home screen.
- Most reliable creation of “call” and “text” for the people you connect mostly.
- Reducing the accidental app launch if you scratch it too quickly.
- Many more bug fixes to improve the reliability of the launcher.
There is not really much of the Z Launcher, the main screen displays 6 apps, contacts or the web links which you are going to use often. The more you use the Launcher becomes more smarter and it will learn your habits and even depending on the time of the day and it decides what to display. Beyond the app screen it features an app drawer which follows the same style as of home screen and features an alphabetized list of your apps.
The hidden feature in the Z Launcher is the gesture control. Just trace the letter on the homescreen it will then displays your apps, contacts, web links beginning with that letter.