If you love to spent time on YouTube by watching videos, TV series or listening playlists then here comes a handyguide that allows you to manage all you playlists, videos through your VLC media Player. However, using YouTube for this purpose is a great way but if you want ad free environment and a familiar & clearer interface and control. Here is How to Play Youtube Videos and Playlists on VLC Player.
If your network speed is good then I assure, you never feel that you are watching the video online, the upcoming VLC coming with more improved support to YouTube videos and more.
Top reasons behind choosing VLC over YouTube typical player to watch video
- You can choose Video -> Always on Top inside VLC and the YouTube video window will stick to the foreground while you work on other tasks.
- Use the Tools -> Take Snapshot option to capture a screenshot image of any frame or scene in the YouTube video.
- Watch the YouTube videos without the ads. I played a couple of movies and music videos inside VLC and none of them carried any pre-roll ads.
- Press the Loop button in the player controls and the YouTube video will play non-stop in a loop (also possible with Chrome add-ons).
- You can change the Playback speed of the YouTube video and make it run slower or faster than the normal speed.
To get started with YouTube streaming on VLC, open the VLC media player on your PC, press Ctrl+N to open the Network URL dialog and paste any YouTube video URL in the input box.
To watch whole Playlist, yes it is also possible to watch YouTube playlists. When you open a playlist on YouTube you will see the url is different than the single video url, just copy it and place it in a similar way as you do to watch a video. (Open VLC and Press Ctrl+N and paste the url).