Lollipop 5.0 is the Android latest version which offers new feature Google calls Screen Pinning. When enabled, you can lock down your device so the person using it only has access to one app. Undoubtedly a convenient feature for those who often offer a device to a child for a Netflix session or a friend to check his or her e-mail. Let us see how to pin apps in Android 5.0 Lollipop in this article. Follow the steps given below.
Steps to follow pin apps in Android 5.0 Lollipop
On Android 5.0 this new feature screen pinning is not enable by default. To enable this feature in Android 5.0 Lollipop you have to follow the steps given below :
- Initially launch the settings in your Android device which is running on latest version 5.0 Lollipop.
- Now scroll down until you find your security option and tap on it.
- At the bottom of the security page tab on the screen pinning.
- Now slide the switch to ON position.
- Now your screen pinning is enabled and you are able to pin any app to your screen on a whim.
The actual process of pinning an app takes two taps and is accessible at anytime. You can only pin the last app you accessed, so before following the steps below, launch the application which you are going to pin.
- To pin an application, tap on the overview button.
- Drag the title bar for the application you are going to pin up and until it is in the middle of the screen.
- Tap on the Blue pin button which is at the bottom-right corner of the application.
- Every time you need to confirm an action when you need to pin an app.
- And also you have to decide if you want to require a security code to leave the pinned app.
- Tap on the start to pin the application.
Once the application is pinned the user can navigate anywhere within the app, but he or she can’t leave it. So if you pin Chrome, the user will be able to browse the Internet and exiting a pinned app requires you to touch and hold the back and overview buttons at the same time. After a couple of seconds, your device will switch to the overview screen.