Looking to update your mega device to latest KitKat 4.4.2? Find out How to update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 to Kitkat 4.4.2 with Odin flash tool. Process to update is so simple and easy to follow, but still if you have any doubt you can ask queries related to the steps. The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 with huge screen got its first kitkat update in Russia only. If you are from Russia then easily you can get the update on your Galaxy Mega 6.3 with OTA or Samsung Kies. But if you are not then you are at right place. The new Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update come with many improvement in Battery Life, Performance, Lockscreen, Camera, Status bar, wireless printing support and more which you will explore after getting it on your device.
You must have to checkout the points mentioned in the requirement section that helps your device from damage.
- To get this update you should have a Windows based PC connected to internet.
- This stock ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 only, don’t follow if you have device other than this.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers or Kies and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device. Go to Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging.
- Make sure that your device’s battery level is up to 70%.
- Make data backup of device and save it some where in your PC for safety.
Files to Download
How to update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 to Kitkat 4.4.2
- First of all download both the file on your computer
- Extract both Odin & ROM Package in your Desktop and save in a specific folder.
- Now Turn off your device completely.
- Reboot your Galaxy Mega 6.3 in Download mode , to do so Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button.You will see an Android logo now press the listed button to go into the Download Mode.
- Now execute the Odin .exe file which you will find inside the Odin extracted folder and connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Now wait for Odin to detect your device, the ID:COM will turn yellow. If its not then you must have to install the USB driver again for your device on your computer.
- Then tap PDA in Odin windows and select the file with the extension .tar.md5 from the Stock ROM extracted folder.
- Check the Auto Reboot & F.Reset option, leave other options as it is.
- Now begin the installation by pressing Start button in Odin. It take barely few minutes to finish everything.
- A PASS message will appear in Odin message box after successful installation.
- As we have selected Auto Reboot option, Your device will reboot automatically.
- Don’t be panic, first time your device will take little more time to start.