It was like dropping a bomb at Google I/O developers even when Google announced the first ever smart watch, the LG G watch powered by the all new operating system for wearable, the Android Wear. Not only LG, Samsung has also launched its Android wear powered watch named Samsung Gear Live. Both these two wearable are now available at Google Play Store.
The LG G watch is available in two colors one is Titan Black and White Gold. According to LG, it is a watch that gives you useful information at a glance and allows you get stuff done more easily by voice commands but you need to have compatible device such as LG G2, LG G3 etc.
Google has listed this smart watch on Play Store at just $249 but even if you order today, it will start shipping by July 8th. Here below are some of the remarkable things you should know about this watch before getting it.
- A choice of colors: Match your style with a choice of Black Titan and White Gold.
- Changeable straps: Customize your G Watch with any standard 22mm (0.86 inch) watch strap
- All-day comfort: The G Watch’s beautiful display, slim design and long battery life make it remarkably comfortable to wear, all day, every day.
Large Battery Life
- Always On Display: The new LG G watch never sleeps, allows you to check the time and see new notifications at a glance without touching it.
- 400 mAh battery: This is enough for LG G watch to stay wake up whole day with one charge.
- Water and Dust Resistant: Don’t worry about rough or conditions. The G Watch is IP67 water and dust resistant.
Powered by Android Wear
Google launched this new Android Wear to organize your information, suggests what you are going to need, and tells it to you before you even ask, such as weather conditions in the morning, flight time, gate information before leaving for the airport and many more information like that.
As almost everyone knows that Google is working on Voice assistance so here also you can manage you watch by voice commands, just say OK Google to ask any question, the watch will respond accordingly and quickly, such as ask send text to someone, call someone who is in your contact etc.
The main good thing about this device is its compatibility, now most of the high-end smartphone or few kid-range also running on latest Android Kitkat 4.4. The G watch is compatible with the Android version 4.3 and above. To migrate this smart watch with your smartphone then just download the app Android Wear App on your phone and connect to it. Look at below the hardware specifications of LG G Smart watch
Official Specifications of LG G smart watch
- Operating System: Android Wear
- Display: 1.65” 280 x 280 IPS LCD
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Processor: 1.2 Ghz (Chipset unspecified)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal Memory
- Sensors: 9 Axis (Accelerometer/Compass/Gyro)
- Battery: 400 mAh
- Weight: 63 gms
- Dimensions: 37.9 x 46.5 x 9.95 mm
- Ports and Connectors: USB (pogo pin) on G Watch, Micro USB on Charging Cradle
That’s all for this newly launched device, don’t forget to drop a comment below what you liked the most about this device, are you planning to grab one or not.