If you have some sensitive and confidential file in your Windows 8.1 operating system and you want to make it encrypted then this article will help you. At today, you will find the methods to Migrating from TrueCrypt to BitLocker in Windows 8.1 Operating System.
The Microsoft has offered a bit-locker to its Windows OS user’s, but it is not probably use by the user’s. Instead of Bit locker you can use the True Encrypt, it is easy and safe way to encryption the file in Windows 8.1 operating system but if you want to migrate from TrueCrypt to Bitlocker then this will help you.
# Methods to Migrate from TrueCrypt to BitLocker in Windows 8.1 OS
If you have the system drive encrypted by TrueCrypt then you have to follow some steps –
1. Decrypt the system drive (open System menu in TrueCrypt and select Permanently Decrypt System Drive). If you want to encrypt the drive by BitLocker before decryption, disable Trusted Platform Module first and do not decrypt the drive now.
2. Encrypt the system drive by BitLocker. Now you have to open the Explorer:
3. Now Click the drive C: (or any other drive where system encryption is or was used) using the right mouse button and select Turn on BitLocker:
4. If the system drive is still encrypted by TrueCrypt, decrypt it now (open System menu in TrueCrypt and select Permanently Decrypt System Drive).
If you have a non-system drive encrypted by TrueCrypt :
1. If you have a spare or backup drive (having sufficient space to store all data you need to migrate to BitLocker), encrypt it by BitLocker (click the drive in Explorer using the right mouse button and select Turn on BitLocker):
2. Copy all data from the drive encrypted by TrueCrypt to the drive encrypted by BitLocker.
If you do not have a spare drive, first decrypt the drive encrypted by TrueCrypt. Select the drive in TrueCrypt, open the Volumes menu and select Permanently Decrypt item (available in version 7.2). Then encrypt the drive by BitLocker (see above).
3. To mount a drive encrypted by BitLocker, open the drive in Explorer.
4. To dismount a removable drive encrypted by BitLocker, use Eject menu item or Safely Remove icon