Microsoft has released the powerful and new entry tablet into the market with 12 inch large screen and it is the perfect rival to the Samsung’s Galaxy Note Pro, which will come with the high end specifications. Let use see the detailed comparison between these two high end tablets.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 vs Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Design and Display
Microsoft has claimed that Surface Pro as the tablet that can replace your laptop. It comes with the 12 inch display with the 2160 x 1440 pixels resolution. It comes with the beautiful metal body, but the basic Surface Pro concept remains same.Surface Pro 3’s design is squarer and it has a metallic finish. It has the built-in kickstand, a keyboard cover and pressure sensitive stylus. This is the prefect replacement for a laptop. It’s 12 inch display offers you the ample room to work and feels comfortable in any aspect. Microsoft has worked hard to keep the Surface Pro 3 thin and light. It weighs around 800g, which it’s not light in tablet terms, but it is lighter than any laptop.
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro has the slightly rounded and soft look. It comes with 12.2 inch display with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution and super clear LCD capacitive touchscreen. Galaxy Note Pro is thinner than Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Galaxy Note Pro is lighter than Surface Pro 3, where Note Pro weighs 753 gms, whereas Surface pro weighs 800 gms.
Galaxy Note Pro is powered by Samsung’s own Exynos 5 Octa 5420 processor, where as Surface pro 3 is powered by Intel Core i7 processor. Intel i7 is the powerful processor currently which powers high end laptops. So Surface Pro 3 offers great performance compared to Samsung. Surface Pro 3 features 8 GB and Note Pro 3 features 3 GB RAM. Overall Surface Pro 3 offers the performance equal to laptop.
Camera and Storage
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 sports 5 Megapixel both Front and Rear camera and a Camcorder with 1920 x 1080 p HD video resolution. It comes with the built-in 512 GB internal storage which offers 450 GB maximum user storage. It also offers microSD extension slot.
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro sports 8 Megapixel primary camera with the autofocus, LED flash and 1080 p video recording @ 30 fps. It also sports 2 Megapixel front camera which can record videos @ 1080 p. It comes in two versions 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage and offers an micro SD card slot.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Specification
- Display : 12 inch ClearType Full HD Plus
- Processor : 4th generation Intel Core family processor
- Operating System : Windows 8.1 Pro
- Memory : Availability depends on storage model (4 to 8 GB RAM available)
- Hard Disk : available in 64 GB to 512 GB variant
- Camera : 5 mega-pixel rear and front camera is available
- Connectivity : Bluetooth 4.o, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HDMI, USB, Card reader and audio Jack port is available
- Weight : 800 grams
- Dimension (mm) : 292.1 x 201.4 x 9.1
- Battery : up to 9 hours
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Specification
- Display : 12.2 inch, Super clear LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Processor : Exynos 5 Octa 5420
- Operating System : Android OS 4.4 KitKat
- Internal Storage : 32 GB/64 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Primary Camera : 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels
- Secondary Camera : 2 MP, 1080 p
- Connectivity : GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- Weight : 753 g
- Dimension (mm) : 295.5 x 204 x 8 mm
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 9500 mAh