The Mediatek is one of the most important chipset maker for the Android Smartphone handset maker. The Mediatek is not much famous as Qualcomm but, it starts getting good response from the Smartphone manufacturer. The MediaTek starts its innovations. MediaTek reveals 64-bit octa-core SoC for 2k displays which has eight 64-bit cores running at 2.2 GHz, which is paired up with LPDDR3 memory running at 933 MHz.
This 64-bit chip with a true octa-core configuration, the MT6795 also supports 480 fps 1080p Full HD super-slow motion video, Cat. 4 LTE, and this chipset are easily paired with 2K displays. On paper, the MT6795 Meditek Chipset seems like a monster. Many times MediaTek chip’s sound better than they actually perform. The Mediatek has a presence in a large number of devices aimed at emerging markets across the globe, including India and China. That said, it’s reputation for less-than-great SoCs and its unwillingness to release source code means that it isn’t exactly the brand of choice for most hardcore Android enthusiasts.
This latest MediaTek chipset higher-end nature, this source is not aimed at entry-level devices, and instead will make its way to mid-range handsets that Mediatek says will retail at $350 and up. This innovation is very useful for the Smartphone makers, because we already mentioned in our previous articles the companies are start making 2K enriched display, which is the next generation of the display and provided much better resolution to the Smartphone user.
Features of MediaTek Chipset :
- 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek Core Pilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on the device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotionTM
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for WI-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC