Taiwan based chipmaker MediaTek that is renowned for its chipsets that are bound inside the low-end and mid-range devices seems to be looking forward to enter the premium smartphone market with its latest chipset MT6795. The MediaTek MT6795 is the world’s first true octa-core SoC based on 64-bit architecture and it will be powering the high-end smartphones later this year.
The MT6795 is aimed to power users and it is the first one from the stable of MediaTek to support displays that pack 2K resolutions of 2560×1600 pixels. As it is a true octa-core chipset, it supports processor clock speeds up to 2.2 GHz and uses the chipmaker’s CorePilot technology to balance the power across all the eight cores to render superior performance. Also, there is support for LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and multi-mode wireless charging. When it comes to camera features, the chipset supports slow motion videos at 1080p.
Some of the key features of the MediaTek MT6795 chipset are:
- 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotionTM
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC
At the launch, Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit said, “MediaTek has once again demonstrated leading engineering capabilities by delivering breakthrough technology and time-to-market advantage that enable limitless opportunities for our partners and end users, while setting the bar even higher for our competition. With a complete and inclusive 64-bit LTE SoC product portfolio, we are firmly on track to lead the industry in delivering premium mobile user experiences for years to come.”