Samsung Galaxy S5 is the latest high-end smartphone launched recently at MWC 2014 with quite all new hardware and features. Also earlier before the launch of this device we have got many rumors about. Among most of the features, fingerprint scanner is the biggest feature one can get with this device.
Officially it facilitates finger print control, heart beat sensor, waterproof body, improved 16 MP camera with HDR technology enabled alongside a full HD 5.0 IPS display out of the box.
The Finger Scanner – don’t call it a fingerprint scanner! – on the Galaxy S5 is more than just a newfangled piece of hardware used to unlock your smartphone. OK, so it does unlock your phone, but one of the other neat things it can do is let you authenticate PayPal with a swipe of your finger.
It is not set up by-default – even if you have already setup at least one fingerprint on the device – but it is not a complex process at all to get done. Here below is a quick tutorial to link fingerprint to PayPal on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- First of all you will have install PayPal app on your device, to get this don’t go for Play store, head over to Samsung Apps store, Samsung has updated this app to support fingerprint credentials. Play store version does not support this.
- And also you need to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to be able to use this feature on your phone.
- After installation of PayPal app you’re prompted to download the updated protocols when you set things up.
- Go to main menu, open and login into PayPal using your username and password.
- Inside the menu tap on the Settings icon.
- In the Account settings option you will see an option called ‘Login Options‘. Tap on it.
- You’ll now see options to choose how you want to login that includes setting your fingerprint.
- You are then asked to enter the password again to verify.
- Once you have entered the password, a pop-up window will prompt you to link your fingerprint to your existing account. Swiping your finger once should do the trick.
Great!!! Now are done, now from next time you can use the fingerprint to login to PayPal.