You want to limit your data usage in your Windows Phone. And the unlimited mobile data plans become less common, it is very more important than ever to understand how much mobile data your phone is using. If you want to limit the data usage in Windows Phone, then the Data Sense feature of the Windows Phone will definitely help you.
Steps to manage the limit data usage in Windows Phones
- From the Start screen of the Windows Phone, first you have to choose the Data Sense tile. If the app is not pinned to the Start screen, swipe to the left of the screen to access the app list, and choose the app from there.
- When the app is loaded, you can see that how much data you have used in the last 30 days. The pie chart is present in the data sense which divided into two groups: data consumed using your cellular network and using your Wi-Fi network. Tap on set limit to define the data cap. First, you have to set the limit type – which available options are as follows: None specified (disabled), One time, Monthly, and Unlimited.
If you choose Monthly as the limit type, remember to set the monthly reset date. On that day, the statistics will be reset to zero. Finally, set the data limit with the appropriate units (MB or GB).
- When you have completed (data limit-according to your choice), then you have to tap the check button at the bottom to save the settings. After that, you will be taken back to the overview screen. The pie chart will not be replaced with your remaining data, statistics and a message of the remaining days until the next limit reset.
- Now you have to Swipe to the left, and you will find the data usage of all apps which use an internet connection on your phone. You can use this to identify which app consumes most of your bandwidth.
- Swipe to the left, and you will find the data usage of all apps that use an internet connection on your phone. You can use this to identify which app consumes most of your bandwidth.
- If you ant to reconfigure the data limit, then you have to go back to the Settings page, and tap on the set limit button. In addition, you can turn on the Restrict background data when I am near my limit option so that you can reserve data for important apps only.
- Later, if you want to turn this feature off, set the limit to None Specified.