Verizon is to release new software update with version 4.09.605.5 for the HTC Droid DNA which brings a lot of improvements and the update also patches some security flaws. In particular, Verizon says that “device root vulnerability has been resolved” with the latest software patch, suggesting that users who need root access may lose that capability once the update is applied.
Here is the full list of features that are enhancements and improvements that Verizon promises:
- Integration of Open SSL security patch updates.
- Improved compatibility for Mira-cast functionality.
- Improvement to soft card activation and functionalists.
- Device root vulnerability issue has been resolved.
- WiFi Connection Status Indicator on Notification Screen is updated
- Battery indicated also updated where we can connect to PC via USB cable.