The much awaited untethered jailbreak for iOS 8/iOS 8.1 has been finally rolled out by the Pangu team, following widespread speculation of an unknown group working on the development of the iOS 8.x jailbreak. Still there isn’t any way to jailbreak iOS 8.x using Macbook, so folks you need to have Windows PC before going to jailbreak your device.
The Pangu team which have made this jailbreak possible is currently working on translation and embedding Cydia among other key priorities. Interested iOS 8 users can now go forward and jailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod, thanks to the availability of Windows virtual machine for OS X.
Here you are going to install Windows on your Mac using some tool, for now this is the only way to Jailbreak iOS 8 or 8.1 using Pangu tool.
Files to Download
How to Jailbreak iOS 8 or 8.1 using Pangu tool
- Download and install the 14-day trial version of Parallels Desktop 10, which will come in handy to jailbreak your iOS 8.x device using Pangu. or else forget about jailbreaking for now.
- Download Windows 8.1 enterprise edition that comes with 90 days of trial.
- You need to install Windows again with the help of Parallels Desktop 10.
- Follow the steps below to start installing Windows 8.1
- Open Parallels app and then navigate to File > New.
- Now click install Windows from DVD or Image file.
- Browse and select the Windows .ISO file you downloaded in step 2 and the install process will begin.
- Once Windows 8.1 virtual machine is running on you Mac, install Parallels Tools by choosing the option Action > Install Parallels Tools.
- Now after installing Parallels you can follow the steps below to jailbreak your device.
- First of all you need to reset your device completely: Go to Settings > passcode and disable the Passcode Lock.
- Now after installing everything on your Mac using Windows Virtual PC, install iTunes as well.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the Pangu tool on your PC, now right click on .exe file and run as administrator.
- Uncheck the option on Pangu tool to prevent any bloatware from installing on your iOS device.
- Now wait until the tool detects your device, make sure that your device is connected to your PC via USB cable.
- Allow the jailbreak process to complete and then launch the Pangu app on your iPhone
Finally you have jailbroken your iOS 8 or 8.1. Enjoy.