Finally Apple at the launch event has started announcing the features of the most awaited iPhone 6. As we all know iPhone 6 is coming with different variant, specs are almost same.
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple at the beginning of the event said, [quote]Today, we are pleased to announce the biggest advancement in iPhone. [/quote]
The bigger version named the iPhone 6 Plus and the smaller one is only iPhone 6. Apple is comparing this device directly with the iPhone5. The latest version of iPhone is really very slim and features seamless design that we have already seen in leaked images and surfaced videos ahead of launch.
Here is the list of features added to the iPhone 6 variants:
- Both iPhone 6 models feature a new Retina HD display.
- Dual-domain pixels on the photo-aligned IPS display give you a wider angle of view.
- These displays have the full sRGB wide color gamut.
- The cover glass is an ion-strengthened thing of beauty.
- These are the most beautiful displays on iPhone. And the best displays in the industry.
“We are so thrilled about the performance of iPhone 6 and Metal.”
– Stephan Sherman
Hardware and specs:
- iPhone 6 has a resolution of 1334 by 750 with 326 pixels per inch. For a more than 720p Retina HD display.
- iPhone 6 Plus has a resolution of 1920 by 1080 with 401 pixels per inch. That’s full 1080p HD resolution.
- iPhone 6 has over one million pixels. And iPhone 6 Plus has over two million pixels.
- iPhone 6 is merely 6.9 mm. iPhone 6 Plus is just a smidge more at 7.1 mm.
- iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch display. iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch display.
- Processor performance is 50 times faster than the original iPhone.
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are powered by the Apple-designed A8 chip.
- The A8 chip has up to 25% faster processing power and up to 50% faster graphics.
- Graphics are an incredible 84 times faster than the original iPhone.
- The A8 is able to sustain performance-intensive tasks, like playing a game at higher frame rates.
- With iOS 8 and Metal, developers can put even more performance into their games.
- The Metal titles are coming! The Metal titles are coming!
- iPhone 6 has a barometer that senses air pressure to measure relative elevation.
- The M8 coprocessor continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- iPhone 6 has faster LTE than iPhone 5s. It also has more LTE bands than any other smartphone for better roaming.
- iPhone 6 now supports Voice over LTE.
- iPhone 6 supports over 200 LTE carriers around the world. Including all three in China.
- With 802.11ac, iPhone 6 Wi-Fi speeds are up to three times faster than iPhone 5s.
- Wi-Fi calling is a new feature for making high-quality calls when cell conditions are poor.
Camera and Video
- iPhone 6 has an 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture. And an all-new sensor.
- The iSight camera was already incredibly capable. And we’re about to make it even better.
- The A8 chip includes a powerful Apple-designed image signal processor.
- The new ISP helps with both shaky hands and low light.
- Capture slo-mo video at 120 fps or 240 fps. And. That. Is. Really. Slow.