By default, the LG Nexus 5 comes with Stock Kitkat firmware that allows you make any changes afterwards by rooting and installing custom ROMs, and that’s because there are tons of different custom ROM for this device to offer more attractive UI, better performance and much more.
One of the very popular XDA developer Vpbac has ported Flyme OS to the Google Nexus 5. The Flyme OS port for the Nexus 5 is was released about a week ago but that time it was not stable to use it on any device with ease. Recently, Vpabc updated a pretty stable build version that, except for a few manageable issues, can be used as a daily driver.
Just like any Android Open Source Project or CyanogenMod based custom ROM, the Flyme OS ROM also does not have the Google apps pre-installed so you’ll have to flash Gapps package as well after installing the ROM on your Nexus 5.
Things to be done
- Make sure that battery is charged up to 60% before starting the process mentioned below.
- Enable USB debugging mode, Settings->Applications->Developer Options->USB debugging
- Your device must be rooted and installed CWM or TWRP recovery.(I would prefer you to go for CWM recovery).
- Create backup of all your data stored like contacts, messages, and more. Use some backup tool for that which is easily available at Play Store.
- The process mentioned below is only Nexus 5, don’t try with other device.
Files to download
- Nexus_5_9_18_Flyme_3.8R.zip (Flyme OS for Nexus 5)
- pa_gapps-modular-nano-4.4.4-signed.zip (Google Apps zip)
- UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip (SuperSU)
How to install Flyme OS ROM on LG Nexus 5
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable. Make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging mode.
- Copy all the three downloaded zip file to your device’s SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery mode, turn off your device and turn it ON back by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power until you see the LG logo on the screen.
- Now go back to main menu and tap the Wipe button and wipe System, Cache and Dalvik cache (do not wipe Data).
- Now the final thing is to perform, ROM flashing, select ‘install zip from SD card‘ and browse the file you have just copied to your device’s SD card.
- After completion, repeat the same, Step 5 to flash the SuperSU and then GoogleApps.
How any query, just comment below, we will try to solve them as soon as we can.