Google recently has launched the latest major version of Android named Lollipop v 5.0. Earlier, Google at developers meet I/O 2014 launched the preview of this latest mobile as Android L for few devices like Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 tablets. Officially the Lollipop flavor of Android will debut first with upcoming Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 tablet next month and soon after that it will start rolling out this update to other Nexus series first.
But thanks to Google for rolling out the update for Nexus 5 smartphone and Nexus 7 tablet even before the upcoming series of Nexus is yet to start shipping across the selected regions. All Nexus 5 and 7 users are most welcomed here to taste tangy Lollipop as Google has released the Lollipop image for developers to put apps with the new material design and the 5000 new APIs.
If you are excited and don’t want to wait for the normal release, follow the procedure to install Android Lollipop v5.0 on Nexus 5 and 7 tablet. Below are some that you need to checkout before going through the process.
Things to be done
- This method is only available for Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 tablet, don’t try on any other device.
- Your device must be charged up to 60%.
- Install proper USB driver on your PC to help to detect your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode, Settings Developers Options.
- Download the Minimal Fastboot/ADB tool and unzip it: mfastboot-v2.zip
Download Android Lollipop v5.0 images
How to install Android Lollipop v5.0 on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 tab
- Once after installing the Minimal Fastboot on your PC, you will a folder called Fastboot, open command prompt there, Shift+Right Click and select Open Command Prompt here.
- Now connect your device to your PC via original USB cable and then reboot your device on bootloader mode by typing the following command below.
- To boot your device in boot loader, type this:
adb reboot bootloader
- Make sure that you have unlocked your bootloader or else use this command to do so:
fastboot oem unlock
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select the option to erase the device (recommended). This deletes the entire data on your device, so make sure you have a backup before performing this.
- Unzip the Android Lollipop image that you have downloaded to the same folder as the fastboot folder and enter the following command in the command prompt.
- The script will automatically start flashing the Lollipop on your Nexus device. You just need to wait until it gets finished.
- After completion of the process, reboot your device to experience the latest Lollipop v5.0