Not only me, every Android users want to have more apps and games on their smartphones. But those who have Nokia X and Nokia XL cannot access any services provided by Google such as Play Store, Gmail app, Hangout and more. Don’t you think using Android smartphone with Play Store is quite wired?? Earlier I was also facing the same but now I can access Google’s Play Store to get any apps and games on my Nokia X.
That is why I thought to post the tutorial so that you people can get the access by just making few changes in your device. Follow the step-by-step guide to do so.
To follow this guide your device must be rooted, search over the internet to find the process to root your Nokia XL and Nokia X.
Files to Download
- NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps.zip [Download Link]
- NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip [Download Link]
- Any file explorer app [Download Link]
How to install Android apps on Nokia X and XL from Google Play Store
- Download and extract the NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps.zip and NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip on two different folders to your desktop. In both the folder you will get a file with the .apk extension.
- Now plugin your device to your PC using USB cable and transfer both the apk file to your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect your device and launch the file explorer app which you have just installed on your device from the above link and go to the folder where you have transferred the apk files.
- Select both the files using multi select option and copy them.
- Go to the system/app folder and paste both the files.
- Now select all the copied apps and long-press for the options menu. Then click on Permissions.
- Now you need to restart your Nokia X or Nokia XL.
- Open up an explorer app and navigate to the location of NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps and the apk files inside it.
- Install them one after the other as you would normally install apk files. Make sure the Unknown sources is enabled in Settings > Security before you go for this.
- Reboot your device again.
- LaunchPlay Store and you should now be asked for your Google Account login.