The easiest way to get new followers and email subscribers on Instagram is by creating a contest. Using a prize as an objective will drive in a lot of new users to participate and share with their friends. There are different types of Instagram contests that can reach different goals: From simple “Like-to-Win” contests to increase Followers and photo Likes, to submission contests where winners are selected based on voting. Any sort of Instagram Contest is a great way to boost up your social media presence. A contest can generate a lot of engagement and increase in followers.
There are a few guidelines that you must always take into consideration while organizing an Instagram contest. Some of them are as follow:
- Choose the entry method and prize
The most important component of a contest. A good prize is what will drive people towards your contest. There are many types of prizes that you can offer. One of the most popular ones are gift cards. Gift cards are popular because they are enticing for every customer. They hold value for all types of customers and that will help in driving people towards your business.
Once you have decided on a gift, there are a few other things that you have to consider and decide on. Decide on what users need to do in order to enter your contest. Do they need to submit a photo? Or just follow you on Instagram? What you ask for at the time of entry depends on your goals. Here are 3 entry methods that are very popular and worth considering:
- Enter to Win: This method requires the user to submit a photo to enter the contest. To decide the winner in this type of entry, you can include a voting system.
- Like to Win: This method is very popular and one of the easiest to participate in. All the user needs to do is ‘Like” on of your photos on Instagram. This method will drive in a lot of entries and make your contest very popular.
- Follow to Win: This can be used as the only required entry method or in conjunction with both of the above. This just requires a user to follow your Instagram account to be entered to win the contest. This will drive a ton of entries and new followers.
- Build your Contest Page:
The contest entry page needs to be simple, exciting and informative. It must get people excited about the contest and prize, and make it easy to enter. There are a few things that must always be kept in mind while creating a contest page:
- An Attention Grabbing Title: The title of your contest has to be attention grabbing and simple. It should be simple enough to give people an idea about what the competition is going to be about. It should contain the essential information that a person needs about the competition and what he needs to do in order to participate in it.
- Photo of the Prize: It’s also very important to include a photo of the prize that is being offered to the future winner of the contest. This generates interest and drives up the participants desire regarding the competition. The photo should be self explanatory regarding the prize and what is on offer.
- Rules and Regulations: There’s also a need to provide clear and concise information regarding the rules and regulations pertaining to the contest. Each participant should have a clear idea about what he is signing up for before the contest starts.
- Entry Form: The contest page needs to have an entry submission form attached to it. It provides the users with an easy option to register for the contest and does away with the lengthy process of following several links.
- Promoting and Sharing of your Contest:
Once your contest has been created, it’s time to promote it. There will be organic growth from entrants sharing with friends, but you will need a few promotional boosts in the beginning to create the initial seed. Here are a few methods to promote your contest:
- Send an email blast: Email your customer email lists – they will be the most likely to enter and share with friends to help jump-start your contest.
- Promote your contest on social networks: Share on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and anywhere else you have a social presence. This is a great way to introduce users from other networks to your Instagram and get them hooked more into your brand.
- Add a banner on your website: If you’re an online business, you get the most traffic to your website, not your social network accounts. Capitalize on this traffic by including a banner on your homepage that links to your contest entry page.
- Create a Facebook Ad: This is a great way to reach new customers outside of your current community. These ads can be very targeted to reach your demographic.
- List your Contest on popular contesting websites: There are a ton of contesting websites that allow for free submissions. These are a great way to get access to new communities of customers.
- Monitor your Contest:
There are several ways in which you can monitor your contest. There are helpful tools present online to do the same. Some of these tools that might prove to be very helpful are as follows:
- Hashtags: One requirement you can make is for every photo submission to include a specific hashtag. If you do this you can easily track how many photos are being shared on Instagram that have your contest hashtag.
- Google Alerts: Set up Google Alerts to monitor mentions of your contest across the entire web.
- Post Contest: E-mails and Follow-up:
Even after your contest is over, you can use it to promote your page further. Here are a few suggestions on how to leverage your contest and keep your entrants engaged with your business:
- Showcase winning photos on your Instagram account and other social channels.
- Share a video showing you choosing the winning photo to create excitement.
- Send a follow-up email to contest entrants to convert them into customers.
- Post teasers for future contests on Instagram to keep your followers hooked.
All of these activities keep the momentum going and will prime followers for future contests on your Instagram account.
I hope the above few pointers will prove to be very helpful and beneficial the next time you need to set up an Instagram contest. Comment away if there are any other doubts and suggestions!