The Apple iOS 8 comes with many new and unique features. The Apple’s latest OS updates has some minor battery issues which are are usually fixed quickly with the next update. Until iOS 8.0.1 comes along, here’s what you can do to improve your iOS device’s battery life by following some important tricks which you can get in the article of the website.
Steps to improve battery life on iOS 8 –
The Display of the iPhone consumes lot of energy of the battery. A part of battery is consumed in the display of the Apple iPhone. We brings some helpful tricks which can helpful for you to save the battery life on iOS 8 operating system.
- You can able to Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Centre in the Apple’s iPhone.
- The slider is available above the music player which helps control brightness. Youe can slide it all the way to the left to keep it to the minimum or low (you can read the content)
- The auto-brightness feature in iOS keeps the screen at the just the right level of brightness depending on ambient lighting. Or If you are running low on power, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Brightness > Off.
- Make sure that your device’s screen isn’t on longer than it needs to. Head to Settings > General > Auto-Lock. Now pick the lowest value – 1 minute on iPhone or 2 minutes on iPad.
- You can also turn off the cool parallax effect, when your battery is dying(or near to end). For this you have to go to the Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > On.
#Wireless and Internet Connections
The Apple iPhone will constantly be switching from LTE to 3G and even to Edge when you are outdoors or countryside. Because of this the battery drains are mainly occurred in the iPhone’s. To stop battery drain because of any connectivity issue then you can follow these steps –
- For this you have to Go to Settings > Mobile. If in the case you are on a Wi-Fi network, then you can flick the Mobile Data switch to Off.. You can switch that off too, unless it is not required
- Now scroll down to the header “USE MOBILE DATA FOR :“. here is a list of all the apps which are allowed to use mobile data on your iOS device. There is an on/off switch next to each app. You can turn on and off your data according to the choice of the app.
- You can also find the name of each app, there you will see how much mobile data it has used so far. Then you can able to check apps with the maximum mobile data usage and see if you can disable it for these apps.
- You can also stop apps from using mobile data to download updates. for this you gave toGo to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Use Mobile Data > Off.
- You can also turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and AirDrop, when you are not using them.
The Location battery services of the Smartphone is also a big battery sucker. There are many apps are want access to your location and then the result is near-constant battery drain. But there are some awesome and new location options in iOS 8 that let you save battery. For this you have to check these steps to find out how.
- If you don’t want any apps to use location service, then you can go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > turn Location Services off.
- If you not want this, then you canscroll down to the list of apps. In the previous version of iOS that is iOS 7, you could either allow or block location access. But in the latest variant of the iOS 8 you can choose to let apps access your location only while you are using them.
- In Settings > Privacy > Location Services, tap any app from the list. Most apps will have three options: Never, While Using the App and Always. Tap Never for apps to disable location access, or While Using the App if you want the app to have location access while it’s actively being used.
- You can also go back to the Settings > Privacy > Location Services and tap Share My Location. You can disable this too but we suggest you keep it on if you use the Find My Friends app to let friends and family know where you are.
- You can also disable Find My iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone, but that is a very useful anti-theft feature. (We suggest Keep it on)
There are lot of apps are available which are running in the background process in your Smartphone, especially the social networking apps. If you don’t want these background apps then you can follow these steps which will help you-
1. Go to the Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Off. This will stop all apps from working in the background. If that’s not an option, you can scroll down and turn it off for any app in the list.
2. In the latest Apple iOS 8 has a new feature, which they called Handoff . With the help of this feature you can take calls on your iPad or MacBook as long as they’ are on the same WiFi network as the iPhone. It is very useful but if you need the extra battery life, turn it off at Settings > Handoff & Suggested Apps > Off.
3. Another rather extreme battery saving option is at Settings > Safari > Preload Top Hit > Off
4. You can also turn off the automatic downloads of app updates for better battery life of your iPhone or iPad. To use make the better battery life you have to Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Scroll down to AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS. Flip the switch to Off for Music, Apps, Books and Updates. Scroll down to SUGGESTED APPS and turn off App Store.