If you are using Opera browser on your PC, you might be known of the new Bookmarks Bar which was added in the Opera 19 version. By default it is disabled, but the interested users can enable it using the Opera settings page. Though Opera has added the bookmarks bar, but it is still very important and essential feature missing in the browser which is importing and exporting the bookmarks.
If you have moved from different browser to Opera and you want to import your favorites/bookmarks from the previous browser to Opera. But you are out of luck, Opera doesn’t offer any built-in-option to copy bookmarks from other browsers. Here I am explaining how to import bookmarks from other browsers to Opera.
How to Import other browsers Bookmarks to Opera
In this method we will use Google Chrome’s import bookmarks and settings feature. Since Chrome and Opera both are based on same rendering engine, they both use same bookmarks feature.
- First import other browser bookmarks to Google Chrome and then copy Chrome’s bookmarks file to Opera folder.
Step 1 : First you need to have Google Chrome in your PC, if not then download it.
Step 2 : Now there are two cases
- You want to import bookmarks from Chrome to Opera, then you can skip to step 3.
- You want to import bookmarks from Internet Explorer or Firefox to Opera.
- Open Chrome and click on Menu button and then click on Bookmarks>Import bookmarks and settings option.
- Now select other web browser from drop-down list and check Favorites/Bookmarks option only.
- Click on Import button and it immediately import the other browser’s bookmarks into Chrome browser.
Step 3 :
- Launch Run bar by pressing Win+R together and type appdata and hit enter.
- It will open AppData folder in Windows Explorer and now go to the folder
AppData\Local\Google Chrome\User Data\Default
- Search for Bookmarks and copy the file and now go back to Appdata folder and go to following folder
AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
- Paste Bookmarks file into this folder.
Step 4 :
That’s it, Open Opera and you will see all your bookmarks taken from the previous browser in Opera bookmarks bar.