The internet has already come our one of the daily need, if you are addicted to the internet then I hope you will easily under what I am saying, isn’t it? However, there is nothing worse than working on the go, from airport to hotel for example, as you find there is no internet access and Wi-Fi, it goes even worse when your ISP home network goes down.
We even have an option to get connected to the internet if you are using any Android smart phone, yes, it is possible to turn on your smart phone into a portable hotspot with ease using your 3G or 4G data connection, a process that is called ‘tethering‘.
It is worth keeping in mind to check your network’s terms and conditions on tethering and keep checking your data allowance as depending on your web activities you could find yourself hitting your tariff data faster than you think. Once crossing your data limit may result in an unwanted charge that might soak your pocket too.
Here is the tutorial that helps you to use an Android Phone as WiFi Hotspot, steps are very straight and easy to follow, even by just seeing the pics posted below you can use your Android smart phone as Wifi Hotspot.
How to use an Android Phone as WiFi Hotspot
- From the Home Screen, go to the Settings menu. It will look something like the image below. Tap More…
- Select Wireless & Networks and then Tethering & portable hotspot. In most of the Android smart phones, these options must be same. If you are trying to use other third party use then this method won’t work.
- Check the box next to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot, which means you are allowing your device to turn it on the Wifi hotspot.
- Again Tap Portable Wi-Fihotspot settings, you will now allow to edit the Wi-Fi network name, and choose a password. The password must be 8 characters long, try to set the password something tricky. There is more chance to get hacked your Wi-Fi password.
- Now, turn on your PC or tablet on which you want to use the internet, select your handset’s network from the list of Wi-Fi connections available, if you have properly set up the Wi-Fi network on your phone, it must appear on your PC with the same name.
- As you try to connect it will ask you to enter the password, enter the password and you are done,
Successfully you are now connected to the internet using your device’s Wifi hotspot. If you are getting any error during this, just comment down the error code or issue happening, I will try to get back to them with a solution as soon as I can.