Getting bored with the Windows like tile interface on your Nokia X?? Want to experience the original Android on your device?? Here is a guide to get the Android 4.1.2 on your new Nokia X with Vanilla Custom ROM. This custom ROM helps you to remove the Metro UI from your device and to give you same Android like interface.
Not only Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, you will get even more features which are absent in stock ROM. I have been used this device for some days and I liked it everything except the home screen interface that is why I ma here with the tutorial to help you to get rid of it following the steps mentioned below.
Before going to the process you need to have the root access of your device and install custom recovery on your device, if you haven’t done yet go for the web to search for the rooting tutorial and CWM/TWRP recovery.
Things to be done
- There must be rooted and installed CWM/TWRP on your Nokia X.
- You need to be handy with the PC connected to the internet.
- You phone must be charged up to 70% to avoid interruption during the process.
- Take a complete backup of your personal data, SMS, Contacts etc and save it somewhere on your desktop.
- Compulsory to check whether USB debugging mode is enable or not, if not then enable it. You will find the underneath the Settings->Applications.
- Download Aurora Vanilla Custom ROM based on Android 4.1.2
Choose between Enabled Software Navigation Bar and Disabled Software Navigation Bar.
- Download GoogleApps
How to upgrade Nokia X to Android 4.1.2 with Vanilla Custom ROM
- Plug your Nokia X to your PC and transfer the Aurora Vanilla ROM and the GoogleApps file you have just downloaded to your device’s SD card. This file will usually be in .zip format.
- Switch off and turn it on your device into Recovery mode. To do this, press the Power button and once you see the Nokia logo, press and hold the Volume Up button for few seconds until it boots into recovery. It might take time to go to the recovery, so don’t be panic.
- Use the Volume Up/Down keys to highlight the Backup and Restore option and then use the Power button to select any option. Select Backup on the next menu and then go back to the recovery main menu.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, this will erase all your existing phone data, you can restore it by installing back the backup you have created earlier.
- Select the Install zip from SDcard option, it will ask you to browse the ROM file.
- Navigate to the place where you have kept the ROM zip file you copied above to your SD card and select it. Confirm the installation on the next menu by selecting Yes – Install [ROM zip file name].
- Repeat the same Step-6 to install GoogleApps, you just need to browse the GoogleApps file instead of the ROM.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot system now.
That’s it you have successfully installed Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Nokia X. This method also works for Nokia XL and Nokia X+.