Looking to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat?. Here comes an easy method and step by step procedure to do so. Android 4.4.2 Kitkat I9295XXUCNE5 update started rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active in Netherlands. But if you are from other country and can’t wait for update to come in your area then you can get it from here. The update is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295, Its recommended not to try it on any other smartphone. The update come with lots of new features and remarkable improvements for your device.
Here below are the requirements you need to fulfill before getting into the actual procedure, so if you face any trouble doing this, any time you can comment below, I will try my level best to get back to them.
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This stock rom is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active only.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged up to 50%.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Files to download
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to Kitkat 4.4.2
- Download and extract both Odin & KitKat ROM in your PC.
- Now you need to go into the download mode so turn off your device completely.
- Boot your device in Download mode , here is how to do that, Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button. An Android logo will appear, now press the listed button to enter into the Download Mode.
- Now double tap the Odin .exe file and connect your Galaxy S4 Active to PC using USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect your device. ID:COM box in Odin turns Yellow after detecting.
- After connecting your device, click on PDA and browse the file with the extension .tar.md5 which you will find inside the Kitkat ROM extracted folder.
- Among several option check Auto Reboot and F.Reset and let other as it is.
- Begin installation by clicking on the Start button, once after finish you will get a Pass message.
Reboot your device and run the latest Kitkat 4.4 on your device.