No doubt the Moto E is one of the best budget Android smartphone making history in the Asian market after the huge success of Motorola Mot0 G and Moto X. Motorola has already won the hearts of many by offering them awesome devices keeping price in mind. So while the Moto E is the is now available in market and is an android phone, people started Rooting the handset.
But as you have rooted means in future you won’t be able to get any software or security updates from the manufacturer. As Google said that this device will get guaranteed update, so I have written this article to guide you how to unroot, restore Motorola Moto E to Stock ROM. After following this your device will go back to the earlier one as you bought. Even you will lose all your stored data, so you need to be careful during the process.
This method only work for rooted Motorola Moto E, to follow this your device must be rooted. See Also: How to root Motorola Moto E and install TWRP recovery.
Things to be done
- Make sure that you have charged your device up to 70%.
- Create backup of your phone and save it on your computer.
- Device must be unlocked to bootloader. If you have rooted means you are done with this step.
- Download Official Motorola drivers and install on your PC from here.
- Download – Stock ROM (Download the proper ROM)
- Download – mfastboot
How to unroot, restore Motorola Moto E to Stock ROM
- After downloading the file from the above link, extract the xml.zip file to a folder on your desktop. You can use any zip extractor software to do so.
- After downloading the mfastboot file, copy it to the directory link where you have extracted the ROM files.
- Reboot your device into bootloader mode. here is the process to so, press and hold Power button+Volume down key for few seconds and release both keys.
- Now plug-in your device to your PC using USB cable.
- Then go to the folder where you have extracted the ROM and open command prompt there “Shift + Right click and choose “Open a command prompt here”.
- Run the commands given below one by one.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
- After flashing all the commands, reboot your device by executing this command:
That’s it, you have successfully restored your Motorola Moto E to stock ROM. For more tutorial and tweaks go to our Tips and Tutorial Section.