Looking to unroot/unbrick your Samsung Galaxy S5?? Here you can easily unroot and restore the device by using Odin and the correct stock firmware for their Galaxy S5 device. This method all all the S5 version to restore with their respective stock ROM.
Rooting an Android smartphone offers tons of new incredible potential of customization in our own way like flashing the custom ROMs, can grab rooted apps, outstanding themes, and so on. Not just that, we can also improve the handsets performance and additionally update. But sometimes it start annoying with unwanted error, or to get important software update people generally search for restoring their device. Unrooting process also helps to recover your device if it goes brick.
With this step-by-step guide it will show you how to completely unroot your Galaxy S5, remove any custom recovery, and unbrick your device if you are stuck in a boot loop. This will get you back to 100% stock Touchwiz.
First checkout the list and download the stock ROM for your device, if you don’t know the exact model of your S5 model then, go to Settings-> About Phone.
- International Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
- International Galaxy S5 SM-G900H
- Canadian Rogers Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8
- Canadian Bell Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8
- Canadian Telus Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8
- T-Mobile Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
- AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A
- Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
- Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
- US Cellular Galaxy S5 SM-G900R
Things to be done
- Make sure that you have created complete backup of your data and personal files because after restoring you will loss all your existing data which you cannot recover.
- Make sure that you have charged your device up to 70%.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S5, you will find this option under Settings panel.
Files to Download
Samsung Galaxy S5 US Variant
Download T-Mobile SM-G900T Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware
Download AT&T SM-G900A Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware
Download Verizon SM-G900V Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware
Download Sprint SM-G900P Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware
Download US Cellular SM-G900R Galaxy S5 Stock Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Canadian variant
How to unroot and restore Samsung Galaxy S5 [All Version]
- First of all boot your device into download mode, this is important because you cannot flash new ROM in normal mode, to do so, Press and hold the Volume down+Home Button+Power Button at the same time until you see Samsung logo on the screen.
- Now press Volume Up and connect your device to your PC using USB cable.
- Now extract the Odin.zip file on your desktop and open the Odin.exe, in the next windows you will see a yellow highlighted bar that means your device is connected properly to your PC. If it is not showing then you need to re-install the USB driver on your PC.
- Unzip the Stock Firmware you have downloaded for your device, now click on the PDA from the Odin Tool and browse the tar.md5 file that was extracted from stock firmware.
- Make sure that only “PDA” and “Auto Reboot” is checked. Then click on “Start” to begin the flashing process. This process will take about 4-8 minutes.
- After completion of the process your Galaxy S5 will automatically reboot with the Stock ROM, but this time your device will take little more time to start than usual.
Now enjoy restored Samsung Galaxy S5, if you again want to root your device then follow this link for the tutorial. The Stock ROM listed here based on KitKat 4.4.2, if you are planning to root again then first update your device to the latest update.