A year ago, there was a gigantic buzz, when the Google buy Motorola and everybody was excited up for the new Google lineup of Android Smartphones combining Motorola. Sadly, the energy goes down, when launched Moto X called “Google Phone” with the features – which we are for the most part seeing in just about all the Smartphones. People were forced to ask,”Is this what we are sitting tight for?”. However, we cannot get through Google and have to use what we are given.
Both Motorola Moto G and Moto X are best at their category. The Moto X comes with 4.7 inch super AMOLED HD display along with Motorola X8 processor with 2 GB of huge RAM. Installed 2200 mah battery, inbuilt storage 16 or 32 GB NAND flash and runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but now almost all devices running KitKat 4.4.2.
However with both the devices features are quite limited compared to other devices falls under the same category that is the reason people continuously searching for rooting tutorials for these devices to get something extra which are not available. But to root Moto G and Moto X you need to unlock its boot loader.
Here I am going to write about how to Unlock Motorola Moto G, Moto X bootloader officially, yes official, I am not going to take help from any third party tool to get this task done. You just need to follow the task properly which I have mentioned below, also first of all check out the requirement section.
Things to be done
- Your must be charged up to 80%.
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Necessary USB drivers must be installed on a Computer, you can grab it from here.
- Get the Android SDK on your Computer.
Steps to Unlock Motorola Moto G, Moto X bootloader officially
- Be handy with the Moto G or Moto X and PC with installed drivers and Android SDK.
- Go to official website of Motorola and download bootloader supported by your device’s model and variant.
- One the same page scroll down right away to the bottom and click on process anyway.
- Now it will ask you to sign it, do it using appropriate option given out there.
- Now the time is to unlock the boot loader of Moto G/Moto X. I hope you are ready with all the tool and files which I have recommended to download for the process.
- Switch off your device and press and hold Power+Volume Down together and connect your device to your PC.
- Go to the folder where you have installed the Android SDK
- Now open command prompt here by pressing Shift+Right Click and choose ‘Open Command Prompt here‘.
- And type the command there in the command prompt
- You will then get a unique device ID, copy it and save it somewhere as is needed to unlock your device.
- While copying make sure that you have removed all “(boot loader)” or “INFO”.
- Now, copy the device ID string and paste it into the “Make sure that you device is unloackable”. Click on button saying “Can my device be unlocked”
- If your device is eligible to unlock, then it will provide you a mail including a 20 digit code which will help you to unlock your device.
- Now turn off your device, and boot into fastboot mode and connect your device to your PC using USB cable and wait till your PC detects your device.
- Now open command prompt from Android SDK folder and type this,
$ fastboot oem unlock Unique Key Here Unique key means the 20 digit code you got in the mail.
- If everything goes right, your device will show confirmation that your the device is unlocked . Now reboot your device and enjoy.