If your printer makes problem, what ever the company of the printer may be you should do the similar trouble shooting. In this article I will teaches you to do the troubleshoot General printer. Simply you need to follow the steps given below.
- Check whether the printer power is on, If it on an indicator light or LED green light should glow. If you don’t have power indicator then make sure that the printer is connected to power working out let by verifying each end of the power cable and next press the printer power button.
- Make sure whether the cables are connected or not, The printer has two cables connected one is data cable from the system and other is the power cable. Check the data is connected from computer to the printer.
- printer error, Generally its occurs with an indicating orange light or blinking light. The error occurs due to paper jam, Issue with ink and more other serious error.
- No paper or paper jam, With out paper you cannot print a paper. Make sure that paper should be loaded in the paper loader or tray. Some times paper jam will occurs in the printer you should remove the paper which was jam.
- If you see indicator light is flashing, then it is sure the issue is regarding ink. If not skip to next step.
- Most printers have a way of printing a test page. This page allows you to determine if the printer is physically working or not. This test is usually accomplished by holding down a series of keys. If you are not sure if your printer has this feature or how to perform it refer to your manual or visit your printers manufactures website
- printer drivers, if you are en countering driver issue, you suggest to visit our Driver list which links to all the major printer manufacturer driver pages and download the latest driver which suits your printer.
Microsoft windows 98/2000/ME/XP 2003 and vista users
- Click Start > settings > control panel.
- Double click the printers or fax icon.
- Right click the printer icon to test and click properties, If your printer is not there then printer not installed properly.
- In the printer properties window click the print test page button.
- If your printer is able to print test page then the set up is installed properly.