You can use one of the way out of two ways. By subscribing Identity Module (SIM) and another way is built in secure digital card (SD). To transfer the files from SIM card you need to extract the card from your previous smartphone and insert it from the slot of Droid.
Then you can copy the contacts using Android Operating System. For SD cards after exporting the information to CSV file, Copy the data over using the mass storage function and import the contacts to the Android. This post explains you how to transfer phone contacts on to Droid
Step to follow
- This method is simple, Power off your old mobile device and then extract the SIM card and make sure not to touch the golden contacts on the back of the card.
- And insert this SIM card in the new smartphone and switch on the power button.
- Now touch apps on the home screen > contacts > menu key > select import from SIM card and select the accounts which you want to copy the contacts.
- Select all contacts to move to the Smartphone.
- You need to connect the Droid to the computer using the USB cable, Open the device to view files from the pop up window to open file explorer.
- Locate the folder, Drag and drop the CSV file to the your device.
- After completion of file transfer disconnect the droid, Now touch apps on the home screen > contacts > menu key > select import from SIM card and select the accounts which you want to copy the contacts.