Root access allows you to capture your Android system on your hand. If you are also looking to gain root access on your LG G2 then this tutorial will help you to get rooted your LG G2. This guide is capable to root any variant of LG G2.
Generally people root their smartphone to just install unofficial custom ROM, to transform the Android UI, performance optimization etc, comment below for what purpose you are going to root your device. But once after rooting you will lose your device warranty and won’t be able to get any official update from the manufacturer. If these conditions are OK for you then easily you can go for the step-by-step guide to root the LG G2.
There are several advantages of rooting any Android device, here they are:
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user Interface as well.
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer.
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
Things to be Done before rooting
- First of all enable USB debugging mode on our device, Settings->Applications->Developer Options->USB Debugging.
- Your device must be charged minimum up to 70%. You cannot stop any process in between the rooting, that’s because charging your device is so important.
- Also install proper LG ADB driver on your computer and install it.
- This tutorial only supports Windows based PC, so you must be handy with this.
- Download Root Package
List of Supported LG G2 smartphone
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Original ROM)
- Telus D803 (Original ROM)
- OPEN D802 (Original ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Original ROM)
- Bell D803 (Original
- Rogers D803 (Original ROM)
- AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d
- KT F320k (Original ROM)
How to root the LG G2 (All versions)
- Download and extract the root package from the link given above on your desktop.
- Connect your device to your PC using USB cable and make sure that you have installed ADB driver on your computer.
- Then go the folder where you have extracted the zip file, there you will find a file called root.bat, double click on it to launch on your Windows PC.
- Follow the on screen instructions to begin the rooting process.
- When prompted, disconnect the device and then go to Settings > Security > and turn OFF USB Debugging. Then turn it back ON.
- Connect your device back in via USB and press any key on you computer to finish the rooting process.
- After completing the process reboot your device simply.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your LG G2 smartphone with ease. If you face any kind of unwanted issues with your device do let us know by commenting below.