All Xperia Z series users are happy as they got the most awaited KitKat software update. Some devices are still in queue to get it soon. You must feel lucky as got Kitkat 4.4.2. The Updates are stable and Sony has offered many eye catching improvements along with the long battery backup tweak. The Xperia smartphones are a great package with sleek design and the unique stock layout. Android KitKat 4.4.2 update is adding extra beauty to this line-up.
If you are looking to root your device after getting the Kitkat 4.4.2 update?? You are at right place to get your task done in minutes but first you need to thanks XDA developers for offering this root tweak so soon for your device. If you are rooting your device for the first time then you must read the article first and comment the doubts if you have related to the tutorial.
Reasons to root any Android smartphone
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs before official update.
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were pre-installed by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- You can install any Custom ROMs after rooting and Custom Recovery for better performance and user interface.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Its mandatory to have your device’s battery charged up to 70%.
- Download and install proper USB drivers on your Computer from here.
- Backup all your data and save it on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode , Settings->Developer Options. (If you are unable to see Developer options then tap 5-8 times on Build number).
- The rooting method and the rooted firmware compatible with only Sony Xperia Z1 C6902 and C6903. First check the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Files to download
- Download Flashtool
- Download Xperia Z1 Recovery
- Download rooted Xperia Z1 firmware 14.2.A.0.290 or, 14.2.A.1.136.
- For Xperia Z1 C6902:
C6902_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip and C6902_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf
- For Xperia Z1 C6903:
C6903_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip and C6903_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf
How to root Sony Xperia Z1 on Android Kitkat 4.4.2
- Download all the required files and install Sony Usb Drivers.
- Transfer ‘C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip’ on your device’s SD card. (Note :c69xx stands for either c6902 or c6903 select according to the model number).
- Also transfer ‘C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf’ inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder on your PC.
- Now create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don’t forget to backup the contents of ‘SDCard’ (the internal storage!).
- After this simply flash ‘C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip’ in TWRP.
- Finally just switch off your Xperia Z1 using TWRP (DO NOT REBOOT).
- Connect your phone to computer and Flash ‘C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf’ using flashtool.
- Reboot your Device and enjoy the Rooted Xperia Z1.
- Don’t be panic!, first time your device will take little more time to start.
Successfully you have rooted your device on Kitkat 4.4.2. Keep visiting our site for more tutorial and custom ROM for your device.