Sony Xperia SP has the display of 4.6 inches with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by 1.7 GHz Dual core Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon processor. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Operating System and can be up gradable to Android 4.4 KitKat . It has 1 GB RAM with 8 GB internal storage and can be expandable up to 32 GB using micro SD card. It features 8 MP rear camera with auto focus and LED flash and front facing VGA camera.
Here is the tutorial for how to root Sony Xperia SP.
Benefits of rooting
- Rooting removes the pre-installed apps by the manufacturer or carrier from your Android device, so it frees up the storage.
- Rooting improves the battery life by removing the constantly running apps.
- Updates to the latest version of the Android.
- Increase the performance of the device and you can flash any custom ROM.
- Before rooting first backup the contacts and messages on your device, because rooting wipes out all the data on your device.
- Make sure that charging on your device is more than 75%, prevent the unwanted shutdowns between the rooting.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings>>Applications>>Developer options>>Check USB debugging.
- Download SuperSU rooting package from here.
How to root Sony Xperia SP
- First download the above rooting package on to your PC.
- Connect your Android device to the PC with USB cable and copy the Update_SuperSU-v1.93.zip from the downloaded file to your device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and put it into the recovery mode by pressing Home+power+Volume down buttons and you will get a warning after some time and now press the up Volume Key until your device boots into the recovery mode.
- Now choose install zip from SD card and then choose the zip from SD card. Now go to the Update-SuperSU-v1.93 and flash it.
- Now go back to the main menu and select to reboot the system now. If you found a Superuser app installed on your app drawer, then you rooted your device successfully.
Congrats! you have rooted your device and enjoy the benefits of rooting.