Continuously Sony is launching smartphones with outstanding features and specs basically display. Recently launched Xperia Z2 with full True HD display along with a powerful processor. The Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual are falls into mid-range smartphone category at attractive price range.
There is no doubt that the rooting is on high among Android users, no matter what Android you have, if you have root access that means you are utilizing it completely otherwise not. That is because I used to write rooting guide just after the launch of any device. Rooting has some benefits and drawbacks as well. Rooting voids your device warranty and you won’t get any software update from the manufacturer on your rooted handset.
If you are here means you want to root your device so first I will suggest you to read the article completely and clear your doubts by commenting them.
Advantages of having root access
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user Interface as well.
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
Things to be Done
- This method will only work for those who have Sony Xperia M2 and M2 Dual, don’t try to follow this on other devices.
- Download and install USB drivers on your computer, it helps your device to connect to your PC.
- Then enable USB debugging mode on your device, go to settings->Applications and search for the option called ‘USB Debugging’.
- One more thing, once started following rooting steps you cannot left before completion, so charge your battery to at least 60-70%.
- You device must be unlocked, go to official Sony website to so do.
- Also enable fastboot option on your device, click here for the instructions.
Files to download
How to root Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual
- Download the required file on your computer.
- Save the file Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v01 on the folder that contains the fastboot binary as boot.img, to make this tutorial easier.
- Reboot your device into fastboot mode.
- When you see the Sony logo and the LED lights up, hold the Volume Down button to enter into the Recovery mode.
- Now you need to flash the image using fastboot command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now after completion copy the SuperSU.zip file to your device’s SD card.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode and choose the option called “install zip from SD card” and then browse the SuperSU zip file and confirm the installation.
- Now reboot your device normally.
Now to check whether your device got rooted or not, go to Play Store and search for an app called Rootchecker that helps you to notify the root access on your device.