Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is having the 12.2 inch display with WQXGA display with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. It is powered by Exynos 5 Octa core processor and runs on Android KitKat 4.4 version. It has 3 GB and external memory can be expandable up to 64 GB with the help of micro SD card. It features the 8 MP megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 2 Megapixel front camera, which is decent to make video calls.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro has got the root access with CF-Auto root from chainfire. Here is the tutorial for how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-P900 easily.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-P900
- First backup the important data on your device’s internal memory. Rooting may wipe out all the data from the internal memory.
- Before starting rooting make sure that your device’s battery is more than 75%.
- Rooting is not an authorized process, so rooting may void the warranty of the device.
- After rooting has done, you will not receive any official software update from the manufacturer.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings>>Applications>>Developer Options>>USB Debugging.
- Download Samsung Kies from here.
- Download CF-Auto root package.
- Download Odin 3 V1.85 flash tool.
Benefits of rooting
- Frees some storage by removing some content that comes default with your device.
- Increases the battery life and performance with tweaks of the device.
- You can flash number of custom ROMs after rooting and update to the newer version of Android with custom ROMs.
How to root
- Download the CF_root package and Odin flash tool from the above given links.
- Odin, you will get in a zip file and extract it on to your desktop.
- Turn off your device which you want to root completely.
- Boot your device into the Download mode and press the Home Button + Volume Down Button + Power Button at the same time.
- Now install the Odin.exe file on your desktop and connect your device to the computer using USB.
- After connecting your device wait for Odin to detect your device. ID.COM box in the ODIN tool turns yellow when it detects the device.
- Click on the PDA button in the ODIN tool and select the CF-Auto Root zip file which you have downloaded.
- In that only check Auto Reboot and F.Reset option, don’t check on any other option.
- After this click on the start button in the ODIN tool and start the installation process and it will take few minutes to finish the process.
- After it is installed successfully, you will see the PASS message in the ODIN message box.
- Your device will reboot automatically.
After rebooting your device has been successfully rooted. Congrats! and enjoy the benefits of rooting. The main thing you need to remember in the rooting process is you can operate with touch when the device is rooting. You must operate with volume button and power button.