Galaxy S5 is the latest flagship smartphone from Samsung. It has 5.1 inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. It is powered by 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System. It has 2 GB RAM and 16/32 GB internal storage variants and expandable up to 128 GB with the help of micro SD card. It features the 16 Megapixel and 2 Megapixel front camera.
This is an one click rooting tutorial for both Verizon and AT&T based Samsung Galaxy S5, earlier we have seen how to root the international version for Galaxy S5 and now follow this guide to your device with ease, anywhere during the tutorial you get trouble do comment below for the assistance, I will try my level best to solve them all.
Rooting the device requires some pre requirements and here is the list of pre-requirements. Remember this method is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900v version.
- First make sure that battery on your device is more than 70%, because rooting process consumes so much battery.
- Back up all the data like contacts, messages and more on the phone internal memory, because rooting wipes out all the memory.
- Turn off all the security programs running on the Android smartphone and also on the PC.
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC for Windows from here and for Mac from here.
- Download TowelRook APK(tr.apl).
How to root Verizon and AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5
- First of all download the TowelRoot app on your desktop from the link given above.
- Make sure that you have installed properly the Samsung Kies on your PC. Connect your Verizon or AT&T Galaxy S5 using USB cable and transfer the tr.apk file to the SD card.
- Now disconnect your device from to PC and go to the folder where you have copied the the file and install, select Package Installer if prompt.
- Now allow Unknown Sources from Settings-> Security if needed.
- Follow the instruction to complete the installation of the file.
- Now from the app menu open the installed Towel app and tap the button called “make it ra1n“.
- Now you need to download the SuperSu.zip on your PC and extract them.
- Inter the extracted folder you will see an apk file called Superuser.apk, again transfer this file to your device SC card by connect the device to your PC.
- Again install the Superuser.apk as you just installed TowelRoot app, follow the same step again to finish the task in minutes.
- Once after installation of Superuser app, just update the app from Play Store.
- That’s it, you have rooted your device successfully.
If you want to protect your Knox warranty then follow few more steps to get your task done. Just install another app called BusyBox and you are done!.
How to install BusyBox
- Go to Google Play Store and search for “BusyBoxInstaller”.
- download and install this on your Verizon or AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Now just run the app on your device and follow the instructions to complete everything.
Now to check whether your device got rooted or not, again go to play store and search for “RootChecker” app that notifies your device’s rooting status. Enjoy and keep rooting 🙂
If you are getting issues with rooted Galaxy S5 then you can follow the link below to unroot or restore your device back to the stock firmware.