Couple of months ago Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 8 with two variant, one is cellular and another one is Wifi. Now there is a simple and easy step-by-step guide to root your device. Before going further let’s explore its hardware details that makes this device robust a d powerful. The Galaxy Note 8 houses a powerful 1.4 GHz Quad core Cortex A9 processor along with 2 GB of RAM.
Samsung is also popular in tablet category so this smart tablet needs no introduction so we are directly moving to the main topic which is rooting.
First we will talk about rooting advantages and then we will walk through the requirement section which is very much important to follow before rooting. You have rooted device means you are controlling your Android’s hardware and software as well.
Advantages of having rooted Android device
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer.
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user interface as well.
Things to be done!
- For uninterrupted service fully charge your device, if you are out of charge or have less than 70% then first go and charge it completely.
- Backup of data you have in your device is not much important but for security purpose take a complete backup and save it on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode, there are few ways that allows you to do that, first go to Settings and then tap more than five times on About device to make appear the debugging option on your device. (Actually this is a method to be a developer). Now head over to Settings->Applications->Developer Options-> USB debugging
- After making all the changes you must have installed Samsung Kies or the USB drives that helps your device to connect to your device.
CF Auto Root File
How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi) on Kitkat 4.4.2
- Download both CF_Auto Root and Odin 3.07 from the above link a save it on your desktop.
- Then extract the Odin 3.07.zip file on your computer. Now after doing this you task is to turn off your device completely.
- This time you have to boot your device into Download mode, to do so press and hold Home Button+Volume Up+Power button.
- Now go the folder on your PC where you have extracted the Odin file and execute the Odin.exe from there.
- This time you have to connect your device to your PC, make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging mode.
- Odin will automatically detect your device.
- Click on PDA button in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root tar file. Only check Auto Reboot & F.Reset option, don’t tick any other option like given below:
- Now click on Start button in the Odin to begin the installation
- Just wait for few minutes to complete the process. You will see a PASS message in Odin message box after successful installation.
- Wait for the automatic reboot of your device.
That’s it, you have successfully gained the root access of your device, now if you want rooted apps and custom ROMs, search internet. If you are getting any kind of error while following the process, do comment below those issues, I will try to solve them all as soon as possible.