Samsung Galaxy Mega is the Phablet device from Samsung with 6.3 inch display and 1280 x 720 pixels resolution with SC-LCD capacitive touch screen. It is powered by 1.7 GHz Dual Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System. It has 1.5 GB RAM along with 8 or 16 GB internal memory and expandable up to 64 GB with the help of micro SD card. It features 8 MP rear camera and 1.9 MP front camera.
Here is the tutorial for how to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Benefits of rooting
- Deletes the preinstalled apps and internal memory on the phone storage and frees some storage.
- Keep updated with the latest Android versions.
- Install any custom ROM you want.
- Rooting saves the battery life of the device.
- Before rooting first back up your device, rooting wipes out all the data on the phone’s internal storage.
- Maintain minimum 70% charging on your device.
- Rooting the device may void the warranty.
- This rooting method is only for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200, this method can’t be worked on other phones.
- Download Odin 3.0.9.
- Download the stock kernel for Samsung Galaxy Mega.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Download Odin and the rooting package from the above links and unzip the Odin and install it on your PC.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device by going to Settings>>General>>Developer Options>>Check USB Debugging.
- Reboot your device into the download mode by pressing and holding the Home+Power+volume button at the same time and after some time you will see the warning message and leave the buttons and then hold the volume up button.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of the USB cable and wait for sometime and Odin recognizes it.
- In the Odin tool check for only the Auto reboot and F.Reset options are checked and leave the rest of the option default.
- Once Odin tool recognizes your device click on the PDA button and select the stock kernel image file from the previously downloaded file.
- Now hit the start button and wait for sometime for Odin to flash it.
- Your device will reboot after sometime and now go to Google Play Store and download Super SU tool from your device.
That’s it, your device has been rooted successfully and now enjoy the benefits of rooting. If you want to check whether your device is rooted or not download Root checker from the play store and run it on your device to verify the root access on your device.