Moto E, one of the best budget Android smartphone creating ripples in the Asian market after the great success of Motorola Mot X and Moto G. Motorola has already won the hearts of users by offering them great devices in budget. So while Motorola Moto E is the is now available in market and is an android phone, let’s check out on how one can Root the handset in easiest way without harming it. And the best part is if you root using this step you will automatically get TWRP installed on your device which allows you to flash any custom ROM on it. Since Moto E comes with almost zero bloat ware, once rooted you can then install the custom ROM firmwares which are based on the Kitkat 4.4.2 with the help of TWRP recovery.
The step-by-step guide mentioned below is not official and voids your warranty so its all up to you that you want to root your device or not. I have tried much to make this tutorial simple and easy to follow, so if you want to root your Moto E then first go to the requirement section to check out the things you need to do before following the rooting guide.
Things to be done
- Don’t go for rooting if you battery is low, first charge it to at least 70%.
- It is mandatory to have backup of all your existing data of your device, because after flashing the TWRP recovery you will loss of your data.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, follow this path Settings->Applications-> Developer options-> check USB debugging mode.
- Install proper USB driver on your computer from official Motorola website.
> msfastboot package
> TWRP Recovery image
> Super user package
Steps to root Motorola Moto E and install TWRP recovery
- Download all the file on your computer and use the msfastboot file to unlock the bootloader of your device. You can easily unlock by executing the file which I just told, make sure that your device should have connected to your PC using USB cable.
- Coming to the next step, connect your device to your PC and transfer the Super user package to your device’s memory card.
- Now switch off your device and again turn it on by pressing Volume Down+Power Button.
- And then go the folder where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery image and Open Command prompt there, to do so press Shift+Right Click and choose the option called ‘Open Command Prompt‘ here.
- In the command prompt, write the code written below:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now press the volume down to select recovery from the fastboot to enter into the recovery mode.
- After this, the Moto G may show the blank screen or may not respond for around 60 seconds. Don’t be panic.
- Press the power button and try to swipe to unlock, there you will see the option called install zip from SD card, it will then ask you to browse the zip file, browse the Super user package which you have copied in to your SD card.
- Follow on screen instructions to begin the rooting process.
- After completion just restart your device.
That’s it you have successfully rooted your Motorola Moto G. Comment below if you are getting any difficulty following this.