Just after a week of official launch of LG G3 people started searching rooting guide for this device, even developers also started working on it. Finally we have the rooting package that can easily root your LG G3 on Kitkat 4.4.2. If you are also looking to root this LG G3 then scroll down and get into the tutorial.
After the great success of LG G2, LG G3 the successor of G2 launched by last month by LG. The smartphone looks great and build quality is good as well. The LG G3 has a 5.5-inch display with 1440 x 2560 resolution and pixel density of 534 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for screen protection. LG G3 is powered by 2.5 GHz Quad-core CPU with Snapdragon 801 chipset and Adreno 330 GPU for gaming and awesome performance. The device has two option 16 GB and 32 GB with 2 GB and 3 GB RAM respectively. The device come with 13 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash and 4K video recording support at 30fps. Also a 2.1 MP front facing camera for selfies and video chat given with 1080p video recording support.
Reasons to have root access of your smartphone
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user Interface as well.
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer.
Things to be done
- If your device’s battery level is below 50%, you must have to charge it up to 70%.
- This method only works with Windows based PC, so you should be ready with it.
- For data security you must have to create a complete backup of your device and save it on your desktop, there might be a chance to lose all your saved data.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, go to Settings->Application->Developement->USB debugging mode. (If you are unable to development options keep tapping on Settings->About Phone until it shows ‘You are now a developer’).
- Download and install USB drivers on your computer for your device from here.
Files to Download
- Download – RootTool.zip
How to root LG G3 on Android Kitkat 4.4.2
Let’s begin the rooting tutorial, if you are doing this for the first time and still have some confusion related to the article then first read this and comment those doubts below, I will try to solve then all. Also follow the steps properly, don’t try to do anything by yourself.
- First of all download and extract the downloaded roottool.zip on your computer and check (Run.bat, adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and root.zip) these files are there or not.
- Now plug-in your LG G3 to your PC using the original USB cable and let the computer to connect your device completely.
- Now go to the extracted folder and launch the Run.bat. A command prompt will open, just press any key to start the rooting.
- Soon your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode.
- In Recovery Mode, go to Apply update from ADB and hit the power button to select it. The tool will complete its process automatically by itself.
- Once it is done, reboot your device normally.
- To check whether your device got rooted or not, go to Play Store and search for an app called SuperSU. After installing this you can check the root status of your LG G3.
That’s all for now, keep visiting this site for more latest tutorial, news, reviews and more.