HTC has the amazing policy on unlocking bootloaders, so unlocking an HTC device is not too much hard. Rooting HTC One M8 i very easy, but a lengthy process. Here we are using the Hasoon’s All in one tool kit, which helps to automate the process of unlocking the HTC One M8 bootloader, flashing the custom recovery and finally installing the Super SU.
Here is the procedure for how to root HTC One M8. This rooting procedure is only valid on HTC One M8. This works on all the HTC One M8 models (T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and international models). Verizon has blocked their devices from using the HTC’s bootloader unlocking tool, so they can’t do it for now unfortunately.
- Make sure your device battery is more than 80%, because rooting process may consume more battery and it shouldn’t switch off in the middle of the process.
- Rooting the device may void the warranty of your HTC device.
- Back up all your files, messages and contacts on your phone memory, because rooting may wipe all the data on your phone.
- Go to the Settings<<Battery manager<<Turn OFF fastboot.
- Download latest rooting packages from here and save it on your desktop and extract those files to any folder on desktop.
Unlock HTC One M8 bootloader
- Download and install the HTC drivers.
- Open the tool kit and there select register at HTCDev and click on Go and follow the steps to register.
- On your One M8 device go to Settings<<About<<Software Information and tap on the build number and it tells that you are now a developer.
- Turn on USB debugging by going to Settings<<Developer Options.
- Connect your HTC One M8 to PC via USB cable.
- Now highlight the Get Token ID and then click on Go.
- When your device enters the Fastboot mode, close the command prompt.
- Copy and save everything including <<<Identifier token start>>> to <<< Identifier token end>>> in the second command prompt.
- Highlight the submit token ID and go.
- Log in to HTCDev.com and click on the unlock bootloader and select HTC One M8 from right and click to unlock bootloader.
- Keep on hitting the next until you get text box to input the Token ID, here paste the token ID and click on submit.
- Download the Unlock_code.bin file on to your desktop, which is emailed to you.
- Highlight the Unlock bootloader and then go and select the Unlock_code.bin and click OK.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight yes and power button to select it.
- After rebooting go through the setup process.
Flash Custom Recovery
- Select the custom recovery you want to flash and click on flash recovery.
- When your device boots back into the fast boot mode, then close the first command prompt.
- When it says finished in another command prompt, close it.
- Now use the volume buttons to navigate and power button to reboot the device.
Root HTC One M8
- Select the Perm room under extras and click on run.
- After the file get transferred then close the first command prompt.
- After your device reboots in to the recovery mode then tap on install.
- Select the SuperSU.zip file and swipe to flash that.
- Tap on reboot>>system.
- Now your device has been rooted.