The HTC Desire 816 launched in MWC this year is one of the popular competitor of the very popular Motorola Moto X falls under mid-range smartphone, the Desire 816 runs Android very smoothly with Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A7 processor, 5.5 inch HD display, 1.5 GB RAM and more. Hardware wise there is no comparison but this time HTC took the smart step to attract customers now giving Android KitKat 4.4.2 out-of-the-box.
Have you ever tried rooting or installing custom ROM on any Android device? if yes then you can directly go to the requirement section otherwise first read the article completely and ask freely if you have any doubts by writing in the comment box. I will try to solve your issues as soon as I get time.
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user Interface as well.
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer.
- Battery is the only source of your device to keep live, so better you fully charge your device to avoid any interruption while rooting.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, here is the path – Settings-> Applications->Development-> USB Debugging
- During rooting you might lose your data, so it would be better if you first create a complete backup of your deta and save it somewhere in your PC.
- You must have to unlock your device’s bootloader from the official HTCdev link.
- Download Recover image
- Download ADB
- Download SuperSU
How to root HTC Desire 816 with CWM recovery
- Connect your device to PC and copy the SuperSu zip file on your device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device completely and again turn on into fastboot mode.
- Press Volume Down + Power button for few seconds, here you will see options called fastboot, using volume key select this option.
- Now again you need to connect your HTC Desire 816 to your PC using USB cable.
- Now extract the ADB file and save it in a particular folder on your desktop
- Copy the recovery image package you have downloaded to the folder where you have extracted the ABD file. (Rename the image file to recovery.img)
- Now open the command prompt there from that folder, press Shift+Right Click and choose the option ‘open command prompt here‘ and write the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This will flash CWM recovery on your device. Reboot the device completion of this process.
- Now again connect your device to your PC and transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card.
- Now Switch off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode, to do so Volume Down+Power Button and this time select recovery using volume rocker Key.
- In recovery mode you will see many option, select ‘install zip from SD card‘ and browse the SuperSu you just copied into your device’s SD card and hit enter to begin the rooting process.
- After rooting restart you device.
Great! You have successfully installed CWM recovery and rooted your device HTC Desire 816. Comment below if you are facing any issue related tot his tutorial.