HTC Desire 601 is one of the best mid-range smartphone runs Android very smoothly with 1.4 GHz Dual-core processor, HD display, 1 GB RAM and more. Hardware wise there is no comparison but as it comes to the software is till runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Even devices comes before this has got latest KitKat update.
Here you also a chance to try to get the software but unofficially by rooting and installing custom ROM on it. If you have already followed any rooting or custom ROM installation guide then fine otherwise you need to read this article completely to clear the doubts first. Here below are the advantages of Rooting over normal one:
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer.
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user Interface as well.
- Fully charge your device, before following the process it should be charged at least 70%.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, go to Settings->Applications-> Development-> USB debugging mode.
- Unlock bootloader from here HTCdev.
- Download Recovery package [mandatory]
- Download ADB
- Download SuperSU
How to root HTC Desire 601 and install CWM recovery
- Switch of your device after downloading all the files from the above link to your computer.
- Press Volume Down + Power button for few seconds, here you will see options called fastboot, using volume key select this option.
- Now you need to connect your device to your PC using USB cable.
- Now extract the ADB file and save it on your desktop
- Copy the recovery package you have downloaded to the folder where you have extracted the ABD file.
- Now open the command prompt there from that folder, press Shift+Right Click and choose the option ‘open command prompt here‘ and write the following command.
fastboot flash recovery philz_touch_6.08.7-zara.img
- This will install CWM recovery on your device. After completion of the process just reboot it.
- Now again connect your device to your PC and transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card.
- Now Turn off your device and boot into recovery mode, to do so Volume Down+Power Button and this time select recovery using volume rocker Key.
- In recovery mode you will see several option, select ‘install zip from SD card‘ and browse the file you just copied into your device’s SD card and hit enter to begin the rooting process.
That’s it, you have successfully installed CWM and rooted your HTC Desire 601.