Being an Android user mean you at least have an advantage to do experiment with it. As most of the users do by rooting and install custom ROM on it. As Android is an open source software everyone can try to put new features on their device. But to do all these kind of setting you must have root access on your device.
Sorry for giving that much lecture on Android, now coming directly to your device and the purpose we are actually here. The HTC Desire 600 C is capable enough to flash any kind of custom ROM as I told about this earlier. Even you can smoothly run Android KitKat 4.4 on your device by rooting and installing suitable ROM on it. If you are waiting for the official KitKat update then I guess you are wasting your time.
Do follow this rooting tutorial to gain root access on your device. I f you have already planned your mind and are here to root your device then you must not be here, go to the requirement section and checkout the rooting requirements and start following the rooting process, also I have included how to install CWM recovery to your device so its up to that you want to flash this or not.
Benefits of Rooting
- Allows you to optimize your device’s performance.
- By installing rooted apps you can utilize more your hardware, means full utilization of Android smartphone.
- Able to remove all pre-installed apps.
Things to be Done
- Interruption during the process may cause the damage better you fully charge your device, minimum it should have 70% battery.
- Install proper USB driver on your computer, go to official HTC website to download the suitable file.
- Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
- If you used to keep important data and files on your device then you must have to create a complete backup of all your data. This is not much important but for security purpose I have suggested you to do so.
- You device must have unlocked bootloader, go to official HTC dev to do so. (Mandatory).
- Download Superboot file.
How to root HTC Desire 600 C
- Download and extract the Superboot zip file on your computer.
- Now turn off your device and again turn it on by holding Volume Up+Volume Down+Power until you feel vibration on your device.
- Now you are in bootloader mode, this is the right time to connect the device to your PC using USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the SuperBoot package and double click on the install-superboot-windows.bat file present there in the folder.
- It will start rooting your HTC Desire 600 C, hope it will not take much time to do so.
- Just wait for the process to complete after that just restart your device formally.
- That’t it, you have successfully rooted your device.
How to install CWM on HTC Desire 600 C
Files you need to download before going to follow the tutorial.
Steps to install CWM on HTC Desire 600 C
- Download both the file and save them on your desktop.
- Extract the Fastboot file on your desktop.
- Now you need to connect again you phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the Fastboot file, you have to open command prompt there, to do so press and hold Shift+Right Click and select the option called ‘open command prompt here‘.
- Write down the command on the prompt window:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into bootloader mode
- Again type the command given below on the command prompt.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It should start installing recovery on your computer.
- Once after completion of everything just reboot your device.
Done!, you have completed your task for today, now search for the best custom ROM for your device to utilize the things you have done to youe device.