Continuously LG is launching smartphones with outstanding features and specs. Recently launched LG G3 with full True HD display along with a powerful 2.5 GHz processor. The LG G Pro is also comes into the high-end smartphone category includes 2 GB RAM, 1.7 GHz Krait 300 processor.
These days rooting is on high, no matter what Android you have, if you have rooted that means you are utilizing it completely otherwise not. That’s because we get the rooting method just after the launch of any device. Rooting has some advantages and disadvantages as well. First I will talk about the disadvantages, rooting voids your device warranty and after root access of your device you won’t get any software update from the manufacturer.
Benefits of Rooting
- Root access allows you to optimize device’s performance and transform the user Interface as well.
- Able to install rooted apps that provides extra security and functionality than normal.
- Allow you to remove or delete any pre-installed apps from your device that a normal user cannot.
- Unofficially you can get any update to your device without intimating the manufacturer.
- This method will only work for those who have At&T LG G Pro, don’t try to follow this on other devices.
- From the given link download and install USB drivers on your computer, it helps your device to connect to your PC.
- Then enable USB debugging mode on your device, go to settings->Applications and search for the option called ‘USB Debugging’.
- One more thing, once started following rooting steps you cannot left before completion, so charge your battery to at least 60-70%.
- Backup is not very much important for this tutorial but still I recommend for security purpose take a complete backup.
- Download Root tool
How to root AT&T LG G Pro on Kitkat 4.4.2
- Download and extract the Root Tool (roottool.kitkat.zip) from the above link.
- And go the folder where you have extracted the file, there you see a file called StartRoot.bat
- Double click on it to launch on your PC, a command prompt will appear on your desktop.
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable.
- Press any key on your PC to begin the process. You device will reboot into recovery mode.
- Using volume rocker key, Select install from zip -> install zip from sideload, then power button to start flashing.
- Let the device to finish everything.
- You device will restart again.
- Now go to the Google Play Store to download and install SuperSu app that will let you know your device got rooted or not.
Comment below if you have any confusion or doubt related to this tutorial. I will try to solve them all.