Android Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphone, Tablets and more devices running in Android operating system to attain privileged control known as Root access with in Android sub system. Once you root android device we can changes it to well beyond what it normally can do.
The Sony Xperia Z users are now able to install Philz which includes both Clock Work Mode recovery 6 as well as Team work Recovery project. Where Philz custom recovery supports both HSPA+ and LTE variants of the Sony Xperia Z with model number C6602, C6603 respectively.The Philz custom recovery allows following features which includes Nandroid back up, ROM and Theme installation along with this it also provides users to root the device by using recovery mode.
The users who are interested to root their Sony Xperia Z device of model number C6602, C6603 , simply they need to follow the steps
- Initially you need to download the USB drivers of Sony Xperia Z to transfer files between android device and computer.
- Enable the USB of your smartphone to connect it to your computer and use android SDK with it. Navigate to settings > about phone and you need to do tab on build number several times unless you get the message “you are now the developer”
- Now enable the debugging mode by setting > developer options.
- If your device has any custom recoveries Clock Work Mode recovery or TWRP recovery then back up data by recovery.
- During the process the battery should not go down and switch, make sure about battery while starting the process it should have at least 80 percent.
- The should be unlocked, Once you are done with the root you may loose warranty benefits.
- Make sure that Philz recovery and root will works on only C6602 and C6603 model numbers, Check the model number of your device will match his numbers other wise the device will be damage. (settings > about phone you can able to see model number)
How to install Philz custom recovery
- Initially you need to Download the Philz CWM recovery and to be saved on your desktop. Click Here to Download
- Once your done with the Download after you need to extract this Downloaded file. Once you done with this you need to get the folder named Lockeddualrecovery. This is the main thing which helps the Philz custom with CWM and TERP.
- Connect the device to the computer through USB, Then install.bat file which will reboot automatically in to Philz recovery.
- By using volume buttons to navigate the reboot system then press power button to select it and wait until the boot up and installer to complete the installation process.
- Now you are successfully done with the installation of Philz recovery 6 and TWRP.
How to Boot in Philz recovery with CWN or TWRP
- Switch off your phone and turn it on when the green LED light glows By using volume buttons you can the recovery modes.
- Press up volume button for Philz recovery and down button for TWRP recovery.
How to Root the Sony Xperia Z on Android 4.3 with Supersu
- Initially you need to download Supersu and to be saved on computer.
- Once you are done with the Downloading, Connect the device to the computer through USB Cable and copy this Download Zip file to the SD of the device.
- Then unplug the device, switch off the phone.
- Turn on the phone and press the volume up button as soon as the green LED appears which makes the booting in the recovery mode.
- Select the install zip file from SD card choose the Zip file by pressing the volume keys and navigate the Root file select it by pressing the power button.
- Conform the installation on next screen, Once installation is completed go back and reboot the device by select reboot system from the main recovery menu.