If you are done messing with the developer preview on your Nokia device and now want to remove it, you are at the right place. I guess new features are not completely ready for the normal usage.
Thanks to Nokia’s tool for installing back new firmware (and readers confirming that it works), you can revert to previous one back. Simply download the Nokia Flashing Tool which easily available for all Nokia Windows Phone users, connect your windows phone to your PC and follow the instructions given below to get rid of it.
Read completely the steps mentioned below, don’t try to do it anything out of the instructions, it may cause damage.
Before you begin
- This guide works only on Nokia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.
- You must have windows PC to use this.
How to remove Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview on Nokia devices
- Download the Nokia tool we talked earlier from here and save it on your Desktop.
- Tap twice the .exe file and follow the instructions to install the software.
- At any time it will ask you to enter name, just put any name there and also check the box to open the program after installation and press finish to complete software installation your Windows PC.
- It will then ask you to connect your device to the computer using USB cable.
- The Software will automatically detects your device and shows there is an update for you. Again follow the instructions to install the Update.
- After completion your device will reboot automatically and will start with the updated Windows Phone 8 instead of WP 8.1 developer preview.
That’s it you have successfully removed developer edition of Windows Phone 8.1. Now just wait for some more days to get the official update for your device.